COVID-19 Resources for NESO Members
For the latest news, check out the NESO Blog.
In an effort to provide useful and relevant updates to NESO members for consideration of COVID19 and their practices during a time when recommendations and news are in flux and change frequently, we are providing a comprehensive list of websites that link to recommendations and mandates in the northeastern region of the US and Canada. Please check back on your local sites regularly for any updates. If you have relevant information that is not included here, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be well.
The AAO recommends that its members follow all applicable federal, state and local authorities’ guidance concerning closure recommendations. However, consistent with guidance issued by the ADA, orthodontists should use their professional judgment in determining a patient’s need for urgent or emergency care. The AAO believes emergency orthodontic care includes care that will relieve pain and/or infection, is trauma-related, or is critically necessary to prevent harm to the patient.
ADA Coronavirus Resource Center for Dentists
CARES Act Fact Sheet
Your Practice: Business Issues Resulting the Coronavirus
COVID-19 Financial Resources page
COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- SEARCH FOR YOUR STATE’S GUIDELINES ON UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS
- SBA Loans Available via the CARES Act
- U.S. Department of Labor: Coronavirus Resources
- U.S. Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division: COVID-19 and the American Workplace
- Office Staff and HR FAQ’s
- Patient Email Template
- OSHA’s Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 (35 pages) OR Guidance Summary (5 pages)
- U.S. Department of Labor Guidance On Unemployment Insurance Flexibilities During Covid-19 Outbreak
- NY State Dental Society: COVID-19 Insurance Coverage Issues.
- Dentist Employment Agreements
- Hand Hygiene for the Dental Team
- ADA Dental Emergency Definition (3/31 – updated with AAO guidance)
- Zoom Reference Guide – NESO has put together this one pager to assist you in keeping touch with your staff.
- Orthodontic Recommendations Intended for Patients Undergoing Orthodontic Treatment During a Pandemic. This AOQ reference is following Quebec’s current guidelines with COVID-19. Orthodontists should check with and follow those of state boards if they differ from what is written.
- Handling Orthodontic Issues at Home – An instruction sheet for your patients.
- Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty
- Coping with COVID: Looking after your mental wellbeing during the Coronavirus Pandemic – Video starts about 10 minutes in due to technical difficulties.
- A psychologist’s science-based tips for emotional resilience during the coronavirus crisis
- Podcast: Managing the Stress and Uncertainty of Coronavirus
- Managing COVID-19 Anxiety
- Video: Coronavirus Anxiety with Baruch Fischhoff, PhD
- Podcast: Managing Coronavirus Outbreak Anxiety
- Emotional Check Up: Taking Care of Our Mental Health during COVID-19