Atlantic Orthodontists Association
The Atlantic Component had its AGM on May 24, 2013 at the Delta Barrington in Halifax NS. The meeting was preceded by a course given by Dr. Louis Carriere and Dr. Bruce McFarlane. The latest topics of importance are:
- The upcoming presentation and ratification of the new Canadian Association of Orthodontics Bylaws at the Annual Meeting in September 2013, which will enable the Atlantic Association to finalize our bylaws to comply with CAO and NESO at our next annual meeting in 2014.
- The CAO may propose a levy for national television campaign. Working with Athorn Clark for the media buys.
- The addition of two maritime sites for upcoming Canadian Association of Orthodontics Annual meetings in Charlottetown in 2016 and Fredericton in 2019.
The NESO president’s report was presented for Dr. Hiller by Dr. Lee Erickson with highlights including:
- The success of the Consumer Awareness Campaign and its slogan of “My Life, My smile, my Orthodontist”.
- The availability of the AAO Staff Orthodontic Club.
- New Dues Category for Semi-Retired Orthodontists.
- The New NESO website.
The new Executive has been elected as follows:
President – Dr. Don Johnston (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Secretary/Treasurer – Dr. Stephen Roth (email@example.com)
Director – Dr. Stuart Matheson (firstname.lastname@example.org)