The Northeastern Society of Orthodontists (NESO) is a not-for-profit corporation, recognized as a constituent of the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO). NESO serves orthodontists in the states of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York and the Canadian provinces of Quebec, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland.
The purpose of NESO is consistent with the purposes of the AAO
- To advance the art and science of orthodontics.
- To encourage and sponsor research.
- To strive to maintain the highest standards of excellence in orthodontic education and practice.
- To make significant contributions to the health of the public.
- To promote goodwill among its members.
The organization of NESO is inclusive, transparent and open to change to reflect the changes in society and lifestyles. We plan to make NESO volunteer opportunities short-term and task-oriented rather than long-term committee commitments. If you would like to become involved in the leadership of NESO, contact our NESO headquarters.